As Julie mentioned, and surely you have noticed, our posting has become a little infrequent. For my part, this is because I moved out of my apartment and left my job the last weekend of June, so life has been a bit irregular and unstable since.
I’ve spent the last few weeks in Las Vegas, Laguna, and now Orange for a high-school conference, and I’ll soon be heading to the sierras, the Bay area, back home to Temecula, with a few trips back to La Mirada planned, and finally, one long drive to Houston, Texas. So life is going to be weird for me for a few more weeks. Next week I won’t have cell service or internet access at all, so it will be all quiet on the Western front from me.
Here are some things I’ve observed during my nomadic existence over the last few weeks:
1. It’s really easy to pack your closet when there is not much in it.
2. All my clothes fit in a normal size suitcase.
3. Traveling makes me lose stuff. All the time. Right now I can’t find my favorite self-tanner or curling iron. The shallow edges of my life are FALLING APART.
4. It’s still hard to find what you’re looking for, no matter how small the wardrobe, when it’s all stuffed in a suitcase.
5. I would like to live at Laguna Woods Village Retirement Community.
6. Not having a job to go to or your own bed to sleep in is both awesomely freeing and totally exhausting.
7. Dorm rooms are both awesomely convenient and really ugly.
8. God is good all the time, but high schoolers be crazy.