1) My striped tank top: You likely remember, this little faithful piece was ruined after a fit of creativity came over me. A spot of green acrylic paint did it in. This piece was replaces by a striped J. Crew tank dress I found on sale about a month ago. I have already worn it a gazillion times so I think it was a good buy.
2) My little black dress: It shrunk, showed my bum, simply not appropriate. I replaced that with my Club Monaco party dress. I have already worn it to two weddings and found many other opportunities to wear it was well. I think it is a way better piece for me.
3) My grey cardigan: Ding dongs! I left it in Florida. It was getting quite ratty, but it really was about the perfect sweater. I am sad to have lost it, but it probably would have been needed to be replaced in the fall. It was already a well worn two year old sweater and by the time of its untimely loss, it was already quite beady and stretched out. That was replaced by a J. Crew linen knit, three quarter sleeved, boat necked sweater. I am happy with this as well, but really miss having a grey cardigan.
Pieces that may not make it much longer
1) My Polk-a-dot blouse: This one may not make it because I made a stupid decision. I didn’t like the length of the blouse, so decided I should cut it and hem it. The problem is that the fabric is so delicate that hemming it is causing it to look silly. I am not skilled enough to fix my mistake, so haven’t worn it for the last two months.
2) My Yellow Cardigan: Uggg, this was not a good purchase. It was long to start, but it has stretched longer. It is mohair so it sheds on EVERYTHING! And if that were not bad enough, it started getting really beady almost immediately. I will definitely NOT be buying mohair again. It looks and feels great on the hanger, but will have you looking like a hobo after a hug and a half. I can see some life analogies in this one!
3) My Striped Maxi Dress: I am actually wearing this today, but it is on the brink of too long for me. This, again, is partially my fault. I went on two trips over the last several months where I forgot to take pajamas so ended up sleeping in my dress because it definitely has soft and comfy going for it. As a result, the length has stretched a few good inches, and washing it isn’t returning it to its original shape . If it get’s to the point I have to replace this, I will try hemming it first and see if that can salvage it.